View Single Post
Old 14-02-20, 02:31
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by James P View Post
Great, thanks, make it safe and dependable to operate while retaining that VERY cool original in service applied paint is all you need. Hunt down all the little bits missing like headlight guards, BO markers, spare tire carrier, bows and enjoy one of the most original, undicked around with M38s I have seen in a long, long, time.

For the paint if I may suggest apply a coat of Minwax paste wax, no need to clear coat. The car wears its history in the coat(s) of paint applied over its lifetime of service, While there are some that think blasting and painting will somehow make it "better" I advocate for preserving and enjoying this car as it is, rust, patina, flaking paint, dings and dents give it a unique look all its own.
Something tells me that with the amount of rust through on the floor pans and on the sides, it will not be able to be run in it's present condition....not even in Saskatchewan. Some floor and bodywork will be required, which will necessitate a little more than just miniwax.