View Single Post
Old 14-12-19, 00:25

Well, it was an interesting and productive day today.

Debbie and I got the Carriers No. 4 up onto its intended resting place on the wireless bench to start with. I then took the opportunity, while the Plug Assemblies was out in the open to check the continuity of all the circuits therein. They checked out just fine. Then the individual plugs got a cleaning.

Finally, I slid the three main set components into the Carriers No. 4 and reconnected the Plug Assemblies and Cover. That is one challenging task, and I much more fully appreciate Marconi's warnings in the manual about such work, having now gone through it. It did not help that the lower bank of screws on the Cover had to be reinstalled blind because there was only seven inches of clearance between the back of the Carriers No. 4 and the basement wall. Not thrilled about eventually having to do it again when it comes time to repaint the Carriers No. 4, but at least I now know more fully what to expect.

The attached photo shows the 52-Set in its place of honour on the bench. The set from Montreal did not have the Coil, Aerial Tuning assembly with it, so I wonder when the last time was that this set actually had one fitted to the top of it?

Hard to believe I am now just two small connector cables away from having a fully integrated 52-Set. I don't think the progress on this project has fully sunk in yet!

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Project 13-12-2019.JPG