View Single Post
Old 12-07-22, 01:42
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
Hello Chris.

Hopefully, you are not on call tonight.
Hope's been abandoned - I'm on-call all week!

Quote:
Negotiations for aquisition of the final needed 3-link chain would be greatfully undertaken, if you run across one looking for a good home.
I've got a couple of boxes of them. I think if I send you three then you won't need to try and pry the split-rings off some of yours.

Quote:
I will have to recheck my photos of a 4-Section Horizontal Aerial for the 52-Set, but I think the two outer insulators had the split links to connect to the aerial masts as you stated. The inner three insulator assemblies were plain 3-links, being permanently fitted to the copper aerial wire sections. It will be another interesting sub-project when I get to it, and in all likelihood, will result in a subsequent discovery of a crate of NOS 4-Section Aerials complete with Reels, sitting in a barn somewhere.

David
Somewhere I have the whole thing on its reel. I also have a 6-section version that must have been intended to replace the "wooden board set" for the WS19, but some of the lengths are way off specification and it would probably be unusable on some frequencies. The 6-section one has short (single link) insulating sections, like the later Aerial, 100-ft, No.5.

Best regards,
Chris.