View Single Post
Old 06-06-22, 03:08

Default BOXES, Tool, No. 1 WS Cdn No. 52 ZA/CAN 4727

As it turned out, there were just two small adjustments I felt were needed with the paint work on the replacement bracket, to make it look at home in the tool box,

I added paint to the left edge of the bracket as this paint had largely survived on the left edge of the surviving front bracket.

I also added some horizontal and vertical scuffs to the upper face of the bracket where tools moving passed it over the years would have worn away a lot of the paint. This also brought it more in line with the front bracket.

The enlarged hole I had drilled in the bracket did indeed come in handy when installing the bracket. It allowed enough wiggle room to get the bracket properly aligned with the original paint shadow on the back wall of the box, as well as get the flat of the bracket level.

So I now have a toolbox for the 52-Set with a complete pair of interior brackets and wooden partition once again in place.

The next step for this part of the project now will be to figure out how best to fill in the screw holes on the exterior where the original filler hiding the countersunk screws has either fallen out or worn away a bit.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools AD.JPG   WS No. 52 Cdn, Box, Tools AE.JPG