View Single Post
Old 26-05-22, 18:52

Going all the way back to the 1970’s, I have never bothered hooking my two Wireless Sets No. 19 to a Ground Terminal when operating them, in spite of recommendations to do so in the various 19-Set manuals. My excuse was always that it was too much work to run a proper Ground Line into the part of the basement the wireless equipment was set up in.

That changed a couple of years back when the bathroom next door was renovated. I actually took the time to take advantage of opened walls and ceilings to run a continuous transmission cable in from the aerial in the back yard to the wireless equipment, and also a proper ground line. As far as I got at the time with the Ground Line was a foot long lead of copper wire poking through the wall under my wireless bench and a running idea of how I wanted two related terminals set up.

With the 52-Set being the powerhouse it is, I finally caved and decided to get this Ground Terminal completed and ensure all future operation of either the 19-Sets, or the 52-Set will be done with the equipment properly grounded.

So, in addition to the piece of water pipe that has now been flattened, the attached brass hardware and 4-inch square, plastic electrical box have been added to the parts to complete this Ground Terminals sub-project.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Ground Terminal Project 2.JPG   Ground Terminal Project 3.JPG   Ground Terminal Project 4.JPG