View Single Post
Old 15-05-22, 17:53

This last photo of the underside of the Sender chassis actually covers where all three of the just discussed screw terminal panels are located.

As you can see, the 4-Terminal panel jumps right out at you when you know what you are looking for, but the 2-Terminal panel in the section just below it is a lot harder to find and recognize. And in between these two in terms of ease of recognition, is the 3-Terminal panel tucked down in the lower right corner, behind the L33A coil.

Why Canadian Marconi Company used these three panels where they did, I still do not understand. I like the idea Chris put forward that it may have provided advantages on various parts of the assembly line for subcomponent assembly and testing, before these items were delivered to the main assembly line for actual installation into the Sender chassis units. There does not seem to be much advantage to them for subsequent maintenance or servicing at the moment. As Jacques Fortin said when I brought them to his attention, if no further information turns up, they shall be added to the CMC List of Secrets for the 52-Set.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender 105.JPG