View Single Post
Old 12-05-22, 19:05

Default PANELS, Phenolic, 3-Terminal, No. C1 ZA/CAN 4570

Of the three of these particular PANELS, this one is the second best hidden on the Sender chassis and I found it when hunting for the components related to Terminal 2. Circuits from V5A, the Master Oscillator/Doubler and V5B, the Amplifier/Doubler are tied into this PANEL. Both of these valves are 6V6G’s.

The three terminals on this panel have their numbers stamped into the phenolic panel and painted white. Terminal 1 is in the upper centre. Terminal 2 is on the lower left and Terminal 3 on the lower right. L33A blocks a good clear view of what is connected to Terminal 1. The CMC Circuit Diagram indicates C27D, the Coupling Capacitor for the V5A Plate, and L32A, the RF Choke for the V5A Plate tie into Terminal 1. Based on the fact the connections for Terminals 2 and 3 on the Circuit Diagram do indeed match what is showing up on these terminals on the actual panel, and that V5A and V5B are giving me no signs of problems so far, I am comfortable assuming all is as it should be with Terminal 1.

Terminal 2 has C11C, the Coupling Capacitor for the V5B Grid, R10A the Parasitic Suppressor for the V5B Grid and L32B the RF Choke for the V5B Grid connected to it.

Terminal 3 is a busy one, being tied to C6C, a Variable Capacitor serving as the V5A Plate Trimmer, C9C, another Variable Capacitor serving for the tuning of the V5A Plate for this valves work as a Doubler. L33A, the 3.5 – 8 MC Tank Coil for the V5A Plate and C28A, the Padder Capacitor, are also associated with this terminal.

The attached photo shows how this PANEL is tucked in behind L33A in the Sender chassis.

My apologies for all the electronic banter in this set of posts. Not knowing yet, how much information is still around in the 52-Set documentation, I thought it might be prudent to put as much information about these three panels down here, while I can, just in case.

One down. Two to go.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender 102.JPG