View Single Post
Old 24-03-22, 18:06

Default SUPPLY Unit ZA/CAN 4772

As I have mentioned before, working with the surviving documentation for the Wireless Set No. 52 is a real challenge for a whole host of reasons, but it is what it is. You just have to read through every document you have, frequently several times, to locate all the information available for any given topic, and then make the best sense of it you can.

A good example recently surfaced regarding the Brushes in the two Dynamotors. Most of the available information regarding the inspection and maintenance of these items states the eight brushes should be inspected monthly for damage and wear. They should be carefully removed from their holders, checked and put back exactly as they came out. New ones must be worked in with an hours run time under no load. None of the information I had found to date advised how to access all the Brush Holders in situ, and the removal of the actual Dynamotors from the Supply Unit for servicing covered only the upper one (MG1A).

Not sure how I missed it up until now, but I was looking through the Working Instructions last evening and discovered a little table tucked away near the back of it explaining how to inspect each of the eight brushes when the Supply Unit is out of the Carriers No. 4, which was a very nice find. It also mentioned it is not necessary to completely remove the brushes from their holders to inspect them.

I posted the page here for future reference.

David
Attached Thumbnails
MG1A and MG2A Brush Information.jpg