View Single Post
Old 27-02-22, 21:58

Default SUPPLY Unit ZA/CAN 4772

I have now temporarily reinstalled the Covers for the Blower Fan and the Knobs, Metal on the front of the Supply Unit, after repainting them Gloss Navy Grey. It only took two hours to get the four lock washers and hex nuts onto the Covers and lightly secured. Definitely a job best done with the front panel of the Supply Unit off the chassis of the supply. I had to resort to using Debbie’s jewellery pliers and a toothpick to fit the washers on the screw studs, and an assortment of small 5/16-inch drive sockets to get everything back in place. Wonky fingers did not help either.

I will refit the Screw-Eye in the next day or two.

The new paint really stands out against the old, amber tinted varnish on the front panel paint, with all its stains and missing bits, but that garish contrast will tone down a lot when the front panel gets its restoration and repaint. The contrast then should be identical to what took place on the Sender front panel when that work was done. I can at least continue on with the electrical testing of the Supply Unit knowing everything is safe and where it should be for the time being.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Supply Unit 89.JPG