View Single Post
Old 20-02-22, 16:46

Default SCREW-EYES, ANC, Steel, 4-40, 1/4 inch shank ZA/CAN 4333

I was mulling over how to close up the final gap in the Screw-Eyes assembly for the Supply Unit without compromising the uniformity of the circumference of the eye and a pair of pliers on my bench caught my eye.

A lot of pliers have a built in cutter between the jaws and the pivot point of the handles. The backside of the cutters is typically cut away in a circle, the diameter of which varies to some degree. I rummaged in the tool chest and found my Dad’s old black handle pliers and this cutter hole was just the right fit to carefully close up the gap in the Screw-Eye.

This screw-eye now matches the gaps in the two on the Sender and the lock washer stays put once slipped onto the shank and the hex nut installed. Last photo today shows the Supply Unit Screw-Eyes all polished up with the pin terminal of the connector for the receiver sitting nicely inside the Screw-Eye. The free play inside the eye matches that in the two screw-eyes on the Sender.

A little more progress accomplished. I might just celebrate by shovelling the snow off the front walk from yesterday’s blizzard.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Pliers.JPG   Screw-Eyes, 4-40  ZA:CAN 4333 8.JPG   Screw-Eyes, 4-40  ZA:CAN 4333 9.JPG