View Single Post
Old 17-02-22, 19:05

Default SCREW-EYES, ANC, Steel, 4-40, 1/4 inch shank ZA/CAN 4333

The other little bit of work on the Supply Unit at the moment centres on the Screw-Eye located roughly top centre of the front panel, just above the lamp assembly.

This Screw-Eye was forced closed by a blow from something, to the point the connector cable from the receiver to the sender would no longer pass through it. The first two photos here show how the two working Screw-Eyes look on the Sender, and how the one for the Supply Unit currently looks.

These Screw-Eyes have a 3/8-inch ID. When I was cleaning up the two for the Sender, I took a tapered punch and slid it into the two Sender Screw-Eyes, marking how far it went with a wrap of masking tape. This gave me a reference for the damaged one from the Supply Unit. The 3rd photo here shows a block of 4 x 4 with a 3/8-inch hole drilled into it, and the punch. The right side of the masking tape is the needed reference line. The 4th photo shows how short the damaged Screw-Eye from the Supply Unit falls from the reference line, when slid down the punch, and the last photo shows how the punch was then used to drift the screw-eye open once more.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Screw-Eyes, 4-40  ZA:CAN 4333 1.JPG   Screw-Eyes, 4-40  ZA:CAN 4333 2.JPG   Screw-Eyes, 4-40  ZA:CAN 4333 3.JPG   Screw-Eyes, 4-40  ZA:CAN 4333 4.JPG   Screw-Eyes, 4-40  ZA:CAN 4333 5.JPG  

Last edited by David Dunlop; 20-02-22 at 16:02.