View Single Post
Old 13-02-22, 18:01

Default SCREENS, Metal, Perforated 3-3/16" x 3-3/16", No. 28 SWG ZA/CAN 4643

While all things ‘Gloss Navy Grey’ were swimming through my head the other day, I made an interesting discovery with the 52-Set that I had completely missed up until now. The one other part of the set which was painted Gloss Navy Grey and which would never have received a coat of varnish, is the SCREENS, Metal, Perforated that protects the front of the loudspeaker in the Receiver.

I only noticed this while looking at my Remote Receiver, which is all original, except for the new Tuning Dial Plate that was installed at some point in its service life, and the addition of the white decal under the Meter stating this replacement dial is ‘None Luminous’. While looking at the decal, I suddenly noticed the Screens assembly was the same grey as the Knobs, Metal on the receiver. A quick look at the Main Set Receiver, which had some Shop work done on it at one point, and I noticed its Screens had received a coat of varnish and was showing the typical patina that developed over time.

David
Attached Thumbnails
SCREENS, Metal, Perforated  ZA:CAN 4643 1.JPG   SCREENS, Metal, Perforated  ZA:CAN 4643 2.JPG