View Single Post
Old 08-02-22, 19:00

Default SUPPLY Unit ZA/CAN 4772

Last evening, I was able to resolder the power feed to the Blower Motor in the Supply Unit, so electrically, the Supply Unit is ready for testing the Dynamotors with no loose wires flopping around inside the chassis.

I also did some thinking about the next steps for the Supply Unit.

The original idea was to leave repainting the Covers for the Blower, and the final caste zinc Knobs, Metal until I was able to completely restore the main Supply Unit front panel to original look, and then do the final reassembly. I now want to get these last two pieces on the Supply Unit painted Gloss Navy Grey as soon as possible, hopefully, this coming weekend. The motivation for this comes from the fact that while recently painting the front panel of the Vibratory Supply, my can of high gloss enamel was not sounding right and the nozzle briefly clogged. I am guessing there is about one quarter can left and the can is coming up to two years old. If this can of paint behaves long enough, I can get all the required Gloss navy Grey parts painted from the same can/paint batch, I am guaranteed a match across the entire 52-Set. My concern is further heightened at the moment by the fact that none of the suppliers of this paint in Manitoba have this colour in stock. Four exist in Saskatchewan but getting them here is yet another unknown, and they would most definitely be from a different paint batch. So fingers crossed this weekend coming.

In the meantime, both the Covers, and the Knob have been stripped of old paint, cleaned and primed ready to go. As far as the Covers goes, it is being done like the one earlier on the Sender. The factory original paintwork on these items was to leave the inside surfaces raw plated metal, with just the exterior primed and painted Gloss Navy Grey. The inside surfaces cover in rust quite easily over time so both Covers got a coat of grey primer inside and out and only the outside will get the final gloss enamel colour. Once back on the front panels, the interior of the Covers that can been seen through the wire screen, looks close enough to plated steel to not be noticeable and at least that metal is now protected a little better than originally.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Supply Unit 86.JPG  

Last edited by David Dunlop; 20-02-22 at 15:59.