View Single Post
Old 05-02-22, 03:19

Default SUPPLY Unit ZA/CAN 4772

Two good evenings in a row working on the Supply Unit

Yesterday I disconnected the power lead from the Supply Unit Blower Motor (Photo 1) and undid the three mounting bracket screw assemblies that hold the motor to the front panel of the Supply Unit. Exactly the same process as for the Blower Motor on the Sender, but with more limited access to the hardware in this case.

If you are planning on doing this work at any time, I would suggest you place a small sheet of paper towel underneath the Blower Motor to catch falling hardware: hex nuts, lock washers or flat washers. When they drop, they are a lot easier to retrieve on a white paper towel than when they dive deep into the bowels of the chassis and hide among all the other shiny, metallic bits and pieces.

As hoped, once the Blower Motor was out of the way, I had a good view straight down the right side of the Net Switch, at its back corner near the large metal coil box to the round head slotted screw I needed to get a screwdriver on. Once the screw was captive, I carefully tightened the hex nut and did a test fit of the case for the Vibratory Supply. It cleared the hex nut nicely, but hit the screw head on. This was a replacement screw for some reason and it was 1/16 “ to 3/32 “ too long. About ten minutes careful work with a large flat file, with a large piece of paper towel on the tray to catch all the filings, and the screw was flush with its hex nut.

Another test file of the Case this evening and it slid easily all the way back to its spring clip. A nice way to end the week.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Supply Unit 74.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 75.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 76.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 77.JPG