View Single Post
Old 15-11-21, 01:38

Default CONNECTORS, Twin, No. 17 ZA/CAN/BR 2349

I decided to clean up the large Bakelite socket assembly on the Connectors, Twin No. 17 this afternoon. I was thinking this would also give me an opportunity to open the assembly up and see if any red colour remained on the small section of Positive Cable inside the assembly. However, as soon as I had unscrewed the socket assembly from the front of the Supply Unit, I realized that was not going to happen since I could clearly see the cotton windings from the terminal sticking out of the socket assembly about one eighth inch. But I got a break anyway.

As you can see in the photos today, particularly the third one, there is a roughly two-inch section of the Positive Cable that faced towards the Supply Unit that shows the remains of a red colour. Finally! I feel good about that find.

These three photos show the uncleaned socket assembly and the last one I have started cleaning the oxidation off one of the brass sockets that accept the large banana plugs on the front of the Supply Unit.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 CONNECTORS, Twin, No. 17 F.JPG   WS No. 52 CONNECTORS, Twin, No. 17 G.JPG   WS No. 52 CONNECTORS, Twin, No. 17 H.JPG