View Single Post
Old 30-10-21, 02:55

Default Microphone and Receivers, Headgear Assemblies, Cdn, Type 10 ZA/CAN 1570

I have not yet found any detailed wiring layouts for the Type 10 Headgear in any of the Wireless Set No. 52 documentation, other than the wiring setup for the two 5-Pin Drop Cords mounted on the Main Set Supply Unit. Fortunately, that bit of data matches similar information found in the 19=Set manuals.

So first step was to draw out the 5-Pin wiring in a larger format I could more easily reference while working on the headgear assemblies. The connections for the left and right receivers were readily visible and consistent across all headsets I had available, so I added that to this layout as well.

I knew there would be additional wiring to map out in the microphones once I got them opened up so I sketched out a diagram for the Phenolic Insert Holders & Plates Assembly ahead of time from several spares on hand, and filled it in when I got to opening up the microphone cases. I have added both of those drawings here at the start to get them out of the way.

From the Type 10 Headgear I have available, I suspect production evolved through an early and a late version related to two specific parts of the Headgear: the receivers and a Jumper Wire discovered inside the Microphone Case. Details of those will emerge in due course, but I will start with information next on what turned out to be the earlier version of the headgear.

David
Attached Thumbnails
5-Pin Connector Wiring Layout.JPG   Microphone Insert, Phenolic Holder & Plates Wiring Layout.JPG