View Single Post
Old 07-07-21, 02:00

The next phase of this parts receiver disassembly is going to focus on the removal of the 3-Gang Tuning Capacitor and the Coils Assembly, RF, mounted directly above it. These two units take up most of the right front half of the receiver. I still have a few bits to think through before I forge ahead.

If you refer back once again to the 2nd Photo in Post #619, this is a view of the back of the receiver chassis, with the chassis resting on its left side. The upper centre section, with the nine evenly spaced access holes is the back of the COILS ASSEMBLY. The back end of the 3-Gang Tuning Capacitor, with its curved top and big splotch of red paint, sits directly to the left of the Coils Assembly. Three leads from the Coils Assembly still run to the V1A, B and C sockets to the right side of the photo. These leads need to be unsoldered from their valve socket terminals.

The photo attached today shows these two components from the front of the receiver chassis. From what I can see so far, there are five leads running from the lower Tuning Capacitor up into the Coils Assembly. All these appear to be solid wire leads and may prove a bit tricky to get at with a soldering iron. Then there is the need to track down where all the mounting hardware is and sort out its removal.

You will notice in the attached photo, the INDUCTANCES, RF (L10A) is mounted to the bottom section of the Coils Assembly and actually extends down, in front of the Tuning Capacitor. This is the large disc, roughly centered on the Coils Assembly. This means the Tuning Capacitor had to be installed on the chassis before the Coils Assembly went on. Interesting.

On the front of the finished receiver, L10A shows up as the FREQ. ADJ. Knob.

David
Attached Thumbnails
COILS ASSEMBLY, RF, No. C1  ZA:CAN 4275 1.JPG