View Single Post
Old 06-05-11, 04:15
David Gordon

Hey Doug,

Points well taken. But I never said there was no reply in four days. I got prompt replies to every message I posted (which I thought I mentioned in my previous post). But sadly no answers to the questions.

I don't want to bash this as it is done for me now. But timely reply to inquires would seem important as this vehicle was simultaneously posted for sale on several forums and on eBay.

I was communicating my requests for information to the seller directly and privately. I have nine replies from him but no details. I've purchased and restored a few vehicles and imported items from numerous countries including Australia so know the ropes. And the seller was aware of this because he saw photos of several of my restorations including one recently recovered from Australia.

I know the seller monitors this forum as he has posted to me since I put the previous message on this thread. And I've no doubt he has many friends watching his back. All well and good. I've no issue with him and wish him all the best in selling the Lynx and having the money to buy the vehicle he and I discussed which he wants to get.

Guess we'll see if it sells tomorrow when the eBay listing closes. All I can say for sure is it won't be me buying it.
'42 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'43 BSA Folding Military Bicycle
'43 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'44 Orme-Evans Airborne Trailer No. 1 Mk. II
'44 Airborne 100-Gallon Water Bowser Trailer
'44 Ford T-16 Universal Carrier
'44 Jowett Cars 4.2-Inch Towed Mortar
'44 Daimler Scout Car Mark II
'45 Studebaker M29C Weasel