View Single Post
Old 16-05-21, 18:10

And the saga continues......tons of work accomplished! I picked up the motor from Edmonton and mated it to the drivetrain.
The rundown on progress:
-checked over the transmission, t-case and pto and installed new seals and gaskets. Oil is in and no leaks so far!
-removed the dual seals on the t-case output shaft, re-mounted a metal dust cap and re-installed the proper seal and felt washer.
-installed all required components inside the z-shaft for the clutch linkage as they were non-existent
-the anti-rattle clips were also missing on the shift levers so they're in place now
-dealt with the bent skid plate was that someone pointed out to me (I honestly thought it was supposed to look like that), so I removed it, re-blasted and it had a date with a 50 ton press. It's nice and straight now and re-painted.
-managed to get the brake lines to stop leaking after annealing the washers, replacing the tee fitting and master cylinder banjo bolt.
-replaced one bad u-joint and put a new (homemade) slip yoke seal and split washer on the rear driveshaft.

The winch is in progress now and once painted and mounted, I can finally say mechanical is done.

Of course I got a run in the front bumper after painting so it's up for a sand and re-paint.

And the good news, the front springs have relaxed enough now that I was able to remove my pre-load tensioners.

Check out the cool knurled piston that came out of the motor! It's going to become a polished up, pen holder.

I'll add another post for more pictures.

Next step is the body...argh!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep1r.jpg   jeep2r.jpg   jeep3r.jpg   jeep4r.jpg   jeep5r.jpg  

1951 PE-95K Gen Set
MVPA
Cdn Forces 1986-2006

Last edited by Peter Phillips; 16-05-21 at 18:16.