Thread: For Sale: GMC 2 1/2 ton 6x6 collection
View Single Post
Old 08-05-12, 15:26

Default GMC 2 1/2 ton 6x6 collection

I'm old and tired enough to admit that it's time to get rid of most of my projects.

One that I've decided I'm not likely to do anything with is a collection of M-135 and M-211 series vehicles, including an M-215 dump truck. There are 5 complete and restorable trucks and 3 more parts trucks.

There is also a large quantity of used parts and new-in-the-original-crate parts, also a quantity of manuals.

I'd like to dispose of them all as a lot. I know if I keep some of them, I'll be termpted to restore one and then find out I just sold the part I need. If one person buys them all, he'll never have to look for parts again.

I hope to get $15 000 for the lot. At current prices, that's not much more than twice their scrap value, and they're a lot better than scrap. If nobody's interested in them as a package, I will consider selling them piecemeal, but I really would prefer to have them all gone. If they're going to be parted out, I'd rather let someone else make a profit doing it (See above about old and tired)

I can help load (and most of the trucks should be towable), but I can't deliver them. There's no urgency about removing them, but sometime before next winter would be nice. They're located in Chatham-Kent, Ontario (between Windsor and London).