View Single Post
Old 26-03-09, 01:09

The Australian convoy is swinging south to Mont St Michel for a day and not now arriving at Etreham until 01 June when the Brits move in from Falaise (and their second wave arrives also).

I would be more than happy to try to organise a meeting point in Port en Bessin but it might be a bit rushed. Maybe some of the earlier arrivals could drop in to see the lay of the land.

As well as several great little restaurants/cafes there are a couple of pizza places. If it is not raining what about getting a bunch of pizzas and beer and having a picnic. It does not get dark until late.

If we walked about 100 metres over the harbour entrance to the east there are some nice small grassy areas with a magnificent view up and down the coast on the hill near the old German gun emplacements.

If it is wet and miserable we have a choice of trying to crowd into one of the little cafes or parking up near the harbour, circling the wagons and skulking under truck tarps and whatever else will keep the rain off.

I think the outside system is best because there are not a lot of places in the area that can cater to a big sit-down mob. Also, once you get seated at a small table you only really talk to 3 or 4 people all night. Outside you get to move around and talk to everyone.

I am happy to plan on a grassy picnic but be prepared to put on a rain coat and make the best of it if it rains. A simple solution to keep warm would be to change from beer to Calvados!

Lang

Last edited by Lang; 26-03-09 at 01:23.