Thread: Covid-19
View Single Post
Old 24-08-20, 01:18
carrier mech

My area went 2 months (actually longer) without a case. But with the easing of restrictions, some workers from Brandon decided it was a good time to have a cultural get-together. We also have another identifiable group who live communally that sent representatives to an Alberta funeral. Between those two sources, our area has lost control. Today Manitoba set a record day, beating Ontario's numbers (who have 24 times the population) and almost equaling Quebec, which has about 8 times the population.

In our region, 45 of the 72 new cases were in our region, where the largest city is just 40,000.

At least we have not been plagued with deaths, and the government has moved our area up a notch in the response level, making masks mandatory and going back to earlier limits on gatherings.

I got back from a road trip to Ontario about 2 weeks ago and have only left the yard once since then, to get a covid test (travel to the East it id recommended to get one). Waiting the results, but quite frankly, I kept my trip fairly isolated, slept and ate in the vehicle, and generally used the forest for washrooms. MLU members were 3 of the 6 people I actually saw during my half day in Southern On.

Glad to see we have not lost any members to this thing, but it will get worse before it gets better. Everyone is waiting for an approved vaccine. Our government chose to partner up with a Chinese company, whose customs will not approve the export to us of the vaccine we helped create. But that is a whole nuther story.

Hope everyone remains safe.

Last edited by rob love; 17-09-21 at 19:38.