View Single Post
Old 13-08-19, 00:01

One last job before some time off

I decided to try and get the roller off the pully plate

What an ordeal

First weld it with multiple layers of weld and for good measure poke the rod down the bolt holes on the impossible to get at end and fill them up too

Name:  welded.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  33.9 KB

I ground and plasma cut and ground and flogged with many different cold chisels and a B big sledge hammer
All the while holding my breath that the casting did not break

I got it eventually

Now after carefull study > this chassis was not made for a winch!
so I will abandon that idea and chuck the winch

The next hack will be to remove the front engine cross member along with the front spring mounts and replace them with parts to be got out of the crane chassis
On this chassis they are already partially bolted in, I have not decided if I will re-rivit them or bolt them up

Oh and luckily I did not damage the cross member I took out for the winch inserion (seemed an easy task at the time) because now it will have to go back
Then close up the other holes that are cut in cross members all over the place and smoth them off

Next month > Grind back smooth all the remaing welds of the added on accessories, scrape the gunk off, wire brush all over and sandblast

And, and also next month, relocate the last of my 'Illigally dumped rubbish' out of the council's park

I will be so glad when that is done except for the depressing congestion around and about my shed and back yard

To be continiued ...........