View Single Post
Old 20-08-19, 02:07
carrier mech

I drive a military vehicle daily to work on the highway, either the HMMWV or the M38A1CDN3. I will also tow my 105 with the old deuce a couple times a year. All are capable of cruising at 55, and I have not felt like I have been an impediment to the other vehicles, although they do prefer to go 10-20kms over the 90km speed limit. If a rule like this were to come to Manitoba, I would be landlocked....the highway is the only road leaving my place.

I note on the SAAQ website, it says the word "can" as opposed to must or shall for the first paragraph re what can be registered with C plates. Is there an advantage to C plates? Are they exempt from safeties, or do they get a reduced rate? Or is it merely a collective to remove vehicles that are not as fast as todays vehicles form the roadways.

I note the regulations state "no turret or weapons mounts. " Would having the GPMG mount on a M38A1 preclude you from having to get a C plate?.

Hopefully this nonsense does not make it out to Manitoba. Things are a little more laid back here. We also have MAAC (Manitoba Association of Auto Collectors) who are very involved in discussions with autopac re keeping the vintage vehicles on the road.