View Single Post
Old 31-12-21, 00:41

Default SUPPLY UNITS, Vibratory, No. 52 ZA/CAN 4354

With a few errands out of the way earlier this afternoon, I settled at the workbench to remove the front panel from the Supply Units, Vibratory, No. 52, which was a straightforward task.

First item to remove was the Handle which only needed the 3/8” box end wrench from my Ignition Wrench Set to hold the hex nut behind the lower chassis while I unscrewed the Handle with my other hand.

With that out of the way, the two SEMS Screws could be removed and off came the front panel assembly. Next came removing the pair of SEMS Screws securing the two Clips, Metal, U-Shaped, 2-inch long (ZA/CAN 4576) from the upper section of the front panel. These are the two clips that hold the pair of Drop Leads for the Headgear, when not in use. They appear to be nickel-plated, so should clean up quite well. If not, then I shall be following Jordan Baker this time and brewing up a batch of nickel electroplating solution to replate them both.

The front panel now just has the two Shakeproof Cowl Fasteners still attached to it. I have a bit more research to do on them before removing them. I thought there might have been some factory markings on the back of this panel but found nothing.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Supply Units, Vibratory 4.JPG   Supply Units, Vibratory 5.JPG   Supply Units, Vibratory 6.JPG   Supply Units, Vibratory 7.JPG   Supply Units, Vibratory 8.JPG