View Single Post
Old 30-12-21, 19:35

Default SUPPLY UNITS, Vibratory, No. 52 ZA/CAN 4354

After taking the time for a closer look at the bend in the lower section of the front panel of this Supply, I have decided it is not as sharp a crease as I originally thought. I am now of the opinion it can be carefully tapped out with a bit of careful hammer and dolly work.

That being decided, the next task in this project will be removing the front panel and getting said task completed. The end goal, in addition to the removal of the crease, will be a new coat of Gloss Navy Grey for the panel itself and the cast zinc Handle. This will bring these two pieces back in line with the fact they never got an overcoat of varnish at the factory as no decals were involved in their assembly on the line.

It will be a simple disassembly. Only two SEMS Self Threading Screws, just below the Handle, and the Handle itself, fasten the front panel to the chassis of the Supply Units, Vibratory.

One point of caution with the Handle on this Supply Units, Vibratory. It is meant to remove this sub-assembly from the Supply Unit of the 52-Set only. The Supply Unit is a heavy bit of work, Yes! The Handle mounted centrally on the front of the Supply Unit was designed to get the complete Supply Unit out of the Carriers No. 4. If you find you need extra leverage, it is best to undo the two Cowl Fasteners holding the Supply Units, Vibratory in place and pull it and its Case out first. Then you can reach in with your hand and grab the Supply Unit Chassis to help pull it out of the Carriers No. 4. The Supply Units, Vibratory is only held into the Supply Unit by two VERY TINY pins on the ends of the Cowl Fasteners and they are sitting inside a pair of very thin, spring steel receptacles. Those receptacles are ‘unobtainium’ at the moment.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Supply Units, Vibratory 1.JPG   Supply Units, Vibratory 2.JPG   Supply Units, Vibratory 3.JPG