View Single Post
Old 10-08-10, 01:01

Default Another New Member

Hi all Maple Leaf Carrier Forum. My name is Stephen DeMocko and I though it was time to introduce myself. I have recently become the new owner of a Canadian MK2. I spent some time on this sight trying to soak up as much info as possible until a carrier that met my budget could be acquired. I am a Mechanical Engineer living and working in Southern California, USA. I have been lusting for a carrier for a while now only satisfying my urges with pictures from both of Nigel’s books. I currently have manuals on the way and in the mail. My carrier is a solid very low rust tub that ran/drives with a post war flathead and truck transmission. All the original steering and controls are gone and the bulk head was cut to allow a rear seating position, straddling the shift lever of the too far forward mounted drive train. I have spent the last couple of weeks pulling the drive train and cutting out all the non original parts. Which means I have cut out everything and after this last weekend have basically a bare tub. Some of you have already been kind enough to answer my questions or send me drawings and pictures. I want to thank you all for the information I have already received as a lurker, and hopefully for the future help you all know, someone who has been infected with the Universal Carrier disease needs.
Thanks,
Stephen DeMocko