View Single Post
Old 31-08-21, 09:25

Default One must die to allow another to live

Well, many of you know a bit about me and I have been a bit quiet for a while.

I made the conscious decision to try to finish our garage rather than work on vehicles as a better priority. Well its nearly done, These are the two best sides, the other two have details needing finishing so Mr Demille will take those sides later.

Anyway, as I get ready to start again on a Canadian Ferret, a lot of time has passed. My biggest concern is while we own two, will both live?

The current availability of spares is pushing me reluctantly but inevitably to the realisation that if I have spare assemblies like gearboxes and bevel boxes in the second vehicle maybe I should harvest those and preserve them as long term spares provisioning and support for the runner.

Honestly, it was not my plan at the time of purchase, but realistically the runner will have little value if it is not supportable with no spares around. Overseas shipping is more and more costly and the quality and quantity of spares is declining.

Just venting publicly and openly as to how being a grown up sucks at times.

We are becoming like the aviation collectors who have been resorting to buying whole planes as future spares.
Attached Thumbnails
Ashchurch garage 2021.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62