View Single Post
Old 06-08-05, 01:03
Derek Heuring

Default Re: New Govenor Generaal!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
The Prime Minister just appointed a Michaelle Jean,a Haitian immigrant as our new Govenor General !!To MLU'ers,who do you think would have been aa better choice,exemplifying our heritage.I personally think this is a political appointment,and feel there are better CANADIAN candidates,for the job.Your input would be appreciated.

A frustrated Canadian,especiaally after this news.
There's no frustrated Canadian like a frustrated WESTERN Canadian! Ever since I became politically aware back in the early '70's I've realized that Planet Ottawa has never had and never will have the slightest consideration for any issues arising out of the West! Even though B.C. and Alberta are two of the three "have" provinces whose money funds Canada so the likes of Trudeau, Mulroney, Chretien and their ilk can buy votes in Ontario, Quebec, and the Maritimes. Are we chumps or what! What do we get for our largesse? Cancelled Polar 8 ice breaker contract!, Trudeau flipping off B.C.ers in Salmon Arm!, the G.S.T.!, Gun control bills like C-16 and C-68!, the closure of C.F.B. Chilliwack; the home of the Engineers!, the Bloc Quebecois!!!!!So now y'all are surprised that the freakin' Liberals are making politically correct appointments like Adrienne Clarkson and Michelle Jean. Hmm, let's go through the p.c. checklist:

Female? yup!
Visible minority? yup!
Francophone? yup!
Liberal? yup!
Knows nothing about the dreams and aspirations of Western Canadians? yup!
Lesbian? probably!

Ottawa>:dh: <Western Canada