View Single Post
Old 19-07-07, 14:32

Default To start how good does it run?

Quote:
Originally posted by Colin R
What do people think of this vehicle? I'm definitely no expert full stop, let alone for the C8A!
Would be interested on peoples thoughts.
Hi Colin

The price at around 5000 GBP or around 10,000 US dollars seems a little dear but then again back to my first question, How good does it run? If it is a real good runner ready to start driving and enjoying while you restore the body to original configuration then may be not so bad. On my HUP it took a years work to get it on the road and driving to enjoy with body work and other restoration continuing for the next 30 years. But I've been driving it and enjoying it all that time. Neither of my other CMPs were ready to drive an each took 3-4 years worth of restoration and probably more the $10,000 worth of parts before they were driving around on the road again.

It also depends a lot on what parts such as seats original window frames are still with the truck. There have been some other more complete HUPs on the market in the US and Canada which didn't sell for prices like that, not sure about European prices.

But back to the condition if the drive train is in really good then price would be fair, if the drive train is freshly restored then it is looking like a better buy. The body from the one picture looks extensively modified with windows and at-least one door removed, can not tell if the roof hatch and observer hatch have been removed. These are things that can get the running restoration treatment of collecting the parts or fabricating them while you continue to enjoy driving the truck around to meets. On my HUP I tried to schedule major body work between big club events. If you have not already take a look at my web site http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/

Cheers
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com