View Single Post
Old 05-12-21, 03:34

Default Excellent

well I hope I do connect with someone local and spark some interest. a couple other topics raised about storage. While I live in a relativly mild climate and on high ground away from little creeks that lately haven't stayed little, it can be moist, so for most of the years I've had the trucks stored outside, canvased and trapped, i put a small electric heater in and keep it running on a low setting. I can emediatly tell if I've unplugged it when i climb in so making sure they are running is a regular checkup along with secure tarps. this will be the first year with the radio and equipment left in the truck but with the small bit of insulation a canvas tarp with a poly tarp over top it should stay relatively dry inside.
also we are very fortunate that we have worked together with a fairly large and dedicated group of young men with VEMRA, Victoria Esquimalt Military Reenactors association, who put together some excellent kit and are keen to participate and perhaps a radio restoration operation would fit in with their limited means and space.