View Single Post
Old 15-07-04, 12:35
Overvalwagen-o-logist

Default exploding website

Gentlemen,

Well, me too, I feel a bit responsible for having posted several non-CMP (though often related) subjects and pictures.

But I think the website will grow inevitably given time and the more than 500 members now on board.

How to solve the problem of size?

1- I do not think hosting pictures on other sites would be an option: too complicated, it would scatter the material. Best would be to keep it all on one site.

2- If financing is indeed a problem let me suggest some options:

a- sponsoring: see for example the MissingLinx modelling site that has grown inmensely is sponsored now by Osprey Publishing. Though sponsoring might endanger MLU's independence, it can be organised if well done.

b- some sort of premium membership for a group of heavy posters (I would be willing to pay some sort of contribution) that would give the right to unlimited posting of pictures; normal members would have a limited right (or none at all) to post pictures. This would erode MLU's open character a bit, but not to much.

c- a special board inside MLU for, say, "vehicles of other allies", or "Dutch and Dutch East Indies vehicles" or anything, where a number of use would facilitate that board (afai am concerned also financially).

This site is excellent with high scientific and research standards.
We should do our best to make sure it has a strong future
(I think it already has a bright future anyway with these two moderators).
Just some thoughts.
If there is anything I can do to help out, let me know.
Nuyt: