View Single Post
Old 06-07-05, 04:20
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Exclamation

Whoa guys. Let's not let this get out of hand, after all, we here are dealing with 60 year-old stuff, not today.

I will say two things; one, the loss of our Leos is criminal from my perspective, and yes, although not proven in open, unrestricted combat, they were a hell of a lot lighter than the Abrams, and could go places and do things the Abrams couldn't, especially given our peacekeeping/making mission. I agree with Darrell 100% that our losing this capability in favour of what amounts to wheeled APCs will set our armed forces back years, even if our damned gummint were to elect to rearm. It's just plain stupid. But the Leos have their place in the modern scheme of things, just as do the Abrams.

Second, I know, personally (as in beer-drinking buddies), numerous people over in Iraq right now, and more who have already been and come home. They will echo what Dave says. It ain't nice, but it's a new reality in this strange world of ours. Think what you wish about the politics, but I'll support the men on the pointy end every time. For as long as it takes. THEY are my men.

So keep it polite, you guys, and drink up, you're even...