View Single Post
Old 06-07-05, 01:45
Dave Demorrow

everyone is entitled to there opinion, and yes i respect yours dont agree with it but respect it.

ok point by point.

the leo II is a good system. but it is NOT battle proven, is a maintence nightmare, super expensive, and not made to fight outside of NATOs central front. i have worked with the german armor school at potlos germany and have had a chance to be in both vehicles. they are like a fine german watch, good but overcomplicated.

the AGS is a good system for ABN / ASSLT forces that dont have armor assigned to them now. but it is NOT a main MBT. i agree with you on that.

LAV IIIs with the 105 will not fit as is in a C-130. other versions such as the ADA version have the same problem. too tall for flight.

canada is its own country, i like it and make it a hobby of collecting canadian, british, and aussie gear. i respect your country, your history, and your military. i have served with 3 of your units and have had alot of fun times with you guys. what im saying is that we need to spread the wealth with everyone. as in afgahanistain (or how ever you spell it) the only way to get NATO heavy gear was to get the US to fly it in. no other military has the gear, nor do they think they need to. i have lived in europe for 15 years and have many european friends. but i constantly hear european, canadian, NZ, and other governments gutting there fighting forces and say the US will fill in the gap. i think the only government that is expanding is the brits with there 2 new suppercarriers, that should be a sight to see. but then again you have another western european country that has a grand total of 2 friggets. but only 1 crew. while in baghdad i loved to see and interact with forces of other countries. we all understood what was happening and why we are there.

if canada was involved in a war i would be one of the first to say i support you!!! and if i ever found out that US agencies were OPENLY going to canadian military posts to tell your soldiers to desert and run away i would do everything i could to stop it.

on the UN, please let me know of a single UN operation that has ever been compleated from start to finish (mission compleat) that has been a resounding long lasting sucess, that was not run by the USA?

logging, fishing, and other problems are to be worked out among are elected represinitives. we as military, prior military, and collectors should be above that and stick together for the hobby, history and the respect of the soldiers who once operated the vehicles in the hobby.

as i have said i respect your opinion.
and take it easy
and crack a smile man
dave

42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL