View Single Post
Old 07-04-05, 16:04
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Mary King
My friend was that age too Karmen. This terrible disease is no respecter of age. I have also lost 4 family members from October 04 to Jan 05 so I can sympathise with you. Time does help but little things can just catch you out sometimes when you least expect it. We do survive, however, and although we have lost a person we love we still have the memories of these beautiful people.
Good lord, Mary, you and your family must be just absolutely reeling with all the losses so close together! Can't catch the breath between shocks hey? Believe me, I understand "out-of-the-blue" emotional whirls. All you can do is let them happen ... like surf they build, crest, and ease off... they always pass and the feet touch the ground again. It just needs expression. Its natures way of processing and healing. Each "expression" leaves us a little more accepting and adapting and able to "enjoy" memories of the good stuff.

For me, grieving the losses while celebrating the life lived happens together. laughing and crying together. Hmmmm. Very embarrassing when out in public, feeling fine, then all of a sudden uncontrollably crying in front of a bunch of strangers at the grocery store, or some such. Ah well ... walk around with a sign saying ... "I'm only grieving. Leave me alone, eh?"

My thoughts are with you.

hugs ... Karmen