View Single Post
Old 04-09-19, 03:48
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Bill, totally understandable. My point in saying not to panic was suggestive to stay tuned and hope things work out. It is indeed troubling and always an uphill battle whenever dealing with bureaucratic nonsense. In this case the reasons and arguments presented by the SAAQ don’t make much sense.
It has been a battle south of the border as well in some US States that tried to push restrictive legislation upon antique vehicle owners. Unfortunately we live in a new world of do gooders who choose to flex their muscle and collective mindset on the rest of us. It’s a matter of fight or throw in the towel but I really do get it. It’s been the same uphill battle for Canadian firearm owners for a long time and will continue in the foreseeable future. I used to argue at the gun club with fellow Members who did not see the reason I needed a military type firearm; guys who should have been on the same page as we were all in it together. Look how that narrow mindedness has filtered down to the average hunter for example. The public views his firearm the same way- a gun is a gun and you don't need it no matter the reason. Antique auto clubs should be on our side, their cars will be next on the chopping block. Certainly food for thought the next time someone stands on their soapbox extolling their personal virtues in the name of public good.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers

Last edited by chris vickery; 04-09-19 at 04:00. Reason: sp corrections