View Single Post
Old 30-03-04, 01:46

Default Museum NOT Gone !

Bruce et al, Hold on a minute !!! You are thoroughly confused. Please see my previous posting here on MLU. The concrete pads under the tanks/containers that you were looking at were NOT the museum buildings (although two in the worst condition WERE demolished) NOTHING has been lost/destroyed/stolen. The three recently renovated tank hangers/firearms display are still standing ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET !!!!!!!!!!! and ARE posted with museum signs accordingly. The containers were brought in as a temporary measure to hold museum items while building #3 is being steam cleaned, power washed and spray painted inside. THEN the tanks will be moved back indoors and siding, roofing and heating work done. Silly way to do refurbishment, I agree but the base spends the money the second that they get it so that it can't be taken away later.

You have created a tempest in a teapot !! With NO need. You SHOULD have taken the time to stop and talk to Museum staff to find out what is REALLY going on instead of panicing this community unnecessarilly. And the museum HQ gives out free maps so that you might be able to FIND their various buildings on the base. Instead of just being disgusted/misinformed, why don't you devote some of your considerable MV knowledge/cash to helping the (mostly volunteer) museum staff with their efforts ?

Again, please read my earlier posting here on MLU !!!!
Robert in Toronto

Last edited by Robert Dabkowski; 30-03-04 at 04:10.