View Single Post
Old 24-02-23, 08:07
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
I looked up Volume 5 - Bodies and Non-technical Vehicles of the AEDB Design Record, and found references to 3-ton GS body with 54" wheelhouse which came both in all steel and composite construction. It is clear it was designed so it could be fitted in two positions: either with a 14" overhang or flush with the chassis, although I could not find a reference why/ when the body should be mounted in each position.

See the attached pics of examples of Chevrolet C60Ls with Cab 11 - with runflat tyres hence no need for a spare like you noted Alex?
Hello Hanno,

Thank you for attaching the diagrams and the photographs. So the difference is a 14 inch overhang over the rear of the chassis - as the most common configuration. The less common alternative is the rear of the body being flush with the end of the chassis. The diagrams made it clearer. With most of the photographs being at a 3/4 angle it was hard to tell the difference. Well to someone who is not very well schooled in things CMP. I am more in the MCP camp.

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 24-02-23 at 23:37.