View Single Post
Old 22-04-09, 16:53
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

This surprises me... not. This is a direct result of the last 11 years (in our case) of spammers hijacking addresses wherever they can find them on the internet; ultimately, perfectly legitimate domains get blackballed by others who won't take the time to verify that legitimacy.

The situation you describe with Microsoft is easily avoided - just load and use an alternate browser such as Firefox (my preference for some years now). It's easier on your system as well as being more flexible, and it offers benefits such as multiple tabs (rather than having to have multiple windows opened to navigate back & forth between various sites). Please do consider it if you're operating in an MS Windows environment!

Phil, if you like you can send me that error message through email... sunrayniner ~at~ sympatico ~dot~ ca (make the corrections first).

Oh yeah, one more thing... we still have Internet Exploder here, but will NOT upgrade from 6.0.29 - it's a little more stable even though it sucks the life out of memory after a while. If you haven't already, do NOT upgrade to Exploder 7.x.

Better still, use Firefox.