View Single Post
Old 15-05-06, 16:53
MLU Administrator

Default Re: Project F15

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Your thoughts?
Howard,

First of all, I have been following the thread on the Ganmain auction, and I must say I am amazed by what a man can collect in a lifetime. Hats off to you and your family & friends to acually sift through all this sh!t and try to find a good home for it all. Most inheritors would simple call the scrapman and let him take it all away!

Yes, it is a rare truck, not only in Australia. The cargo body is of the 2B1 type, the second type used on 15-cwt CMP trucks (see Colin Stevens' site). I understand you feel obliged to restore it to original specs, but wouldn't it be a fitting tribute to your grandfather to restore the F15 to a condition in which he used it? From Keith's web page I learn there are quite extensive modifications anyway (2 speed rear axle, 20" wheels, winch), so it will be quite a job to turn it back to factory specs. Getting rid of the crane is sensible if you want to be able to drive it over any distances.

Anyway, those are my thoughts (worth exactly €0,02). Good luck with the project and keep us posted!

Hanno