View Single Post
Old 22-12-15, 02:02

Default Final touch

Friends,

Applied a final coat of gloss white spray paint to all the accessories inside the box today ( pictures 1 and 2 ) .

Applied a second and final coat to the generator compartment door. Fitted the door . Installed a beer fridge handle ( picture 3 ) , looking for a second one .

Installed the blackout curtain holders around the inside windows after a final coat of white on the inside of the box side and OD from the outside .

Small detail, if you look inside the box from the outside you should not see white paint around the window frames around the blackout curtains..that small detail still applies today to modern trucks.

The blackout curtains are out because they were dried up, crackled and torn after 71 years. Ordered 5 new ones. They will come in the New Year.

Installed the rear door blackout curtain holder ( picture 4 ) after a second coat of OD.From my research ( i might be wrong ) , that was the only holder painted OD Green instead of white. The inside of the door is also painted OD.

Makes sense, because when you open the door to the outside world in broad daylight , if you showed gloss white you could attrack attention and .. fire. With the door OD it is more subdued.

With all the paint done and a little help , the wireless equipment should go in during the week between Christmas and New Year's. God willing, winter not setting in to harshly and if my wife letting me spend more time on the project.

Cheerio, like our British and other Commonwealth friends and Allies would say.

To my friends from MLU all over the world, have a Helluva nice Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Like i said before , have a tought for our troops deployed overseas protecting our safety , way of life and human decency.

Attached Thumbnails
Final touch 1.JPG   Final touch 2.JPG   Final touch 3.JPG   Final touch 4.JPG  
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 22-12-15 at 02:34.