View Single Post
Old 09-09-19, 02:18
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McMahon View Post
hi Bruce if you could manage some pictures of the carrier I would be appreciated. From what you say a full repro would be impractical but I may be able to make a simplified version that would look authentic from the front view?
Best regards Brian
Brian, here's some pics.

Without getting too detailed with where all the reinforcing angles are, what you have is:

- The top section which is a piece of 18 gauge steel the width of the radio and folded to form a bottom, back, top and lip at the top. There are four 18 gauge panels with ½” lips that become the two ends and center partitions for the supply unit. At both ends of this open fronted ‘box’ are two squares made of 1-1/4” angle that also hold lifting handles and rubber shock mounts.

- The bottom section made mostly of 1/8” in steel. There are two ends folded into ‘boxes’ which are set vertically into a bottom frame running the width of the radio. The tops of these end ‘boxes’ are what the rubber shock mounts sit on. There are reinforcing straps welded to the corners and oblong holes for mounting the carrier to a table.

I would tackle making one of these being able to bend and weld the angle iron and 18 gauge steel but would need someone to bend up the thicker stuff. If you're brave I can work up some dimensions and construction details.
Attached Thumbnails
1s.JPG   3s.JPG   4s.JPG   5s.JPG