View Single Post
Old 02-09-19, 17:55

Hello again, Brian.

The screws you are going to need for the back panel are 3/4-inch long, steel, round head slotted affairs as per the attached photo.

The rear panel is made of clear pine board, 3/8-inch thick.It could be a one piece board, but it would not surprise me in the least if it was a composite affair built up from smaller pine sections, either tongue and grooved together, or butt joined.

The board is 12-1/4 inches wide and 7-3/4 inches tall, which should give you about a 1/16-inch gap all around when installed. The board should also rest about 1/16-inch deep when mounted.

True dimension lumber is very hard to find these days so you may have to find a half inch or greater board and find someplace with a band saw and fence setup large enough to rip it down to the 3/8 inch you need. I would be wary of running it through a planer as you would need multiple passes to do it well and the odds are very high the board would heat warp before you were done.

Once you have some board available of the correct thickness, you should be able to repair the cutout to the left front side of the case. I would trace the cutout on a piece of paper and transfer that outline to a piece of replacement board, then cut out the replacement piece with a hand scroll saw. Sand and file to fit and white glue it in place.

Hope this helps,

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS-52 Coil, Aerial Tuning No. 2 A 1.JPG   WS-52 Coil, Aerial Tuning No. 2 A 2.JPG  

Last edited by David Dunlop; 03-09-19 at 10:20. Reason: Board thickness error.