Thread: Covid-19
View Single Post
Old 18-09-21, 01:19
Junior Password Gnome

UK figures:

150,000 deaths from COVID-19 due to government incompetence. That's 0.15 Megadeaths.

120,000 deaths from government austerity. That's twice the British casualties on the first day of the battle of the Somme.

4.3 million children in poverty. (That's 363 Tory MPs who should resign.)

(Simon Roth on Twitter.)

OK, that wasn't really about COVID, but the vaccine is no longer "untested" or "rushed through" and the risks of an adverse reaction are far lower than the risk of death or permanent disability if you aren't vaccinated and catch it.

(Approx figures: The USA has lost 650,000 people to COVID-19, so far,

Vaccination reduces the risk of catching it by 5 times. If you are unlucky enough to still catch it you are 10 times less likely to require hospital treatment, and if you are very unlucky and do end up in hospital you are 11 times less likely to die of it.)

As for the people pushing conspiracy theories and disinformation, the USA is currently having more than 3000 deaths per day from COVID-19, more than were killed on 9/11.

Chris. (I've had two shots and am waiting for the booster to be available, meanwhile I wear an effective (FFP3) mask if I'm out and about - it's simply not worth the risk not to.) YMMV