Thread: A snakey story
View Single Post
Old 28-02-06, 17:52
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: snaks

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Alex, I love your down home advice!

We have a few venomous snakes here in Texas; Coral, Water Mocassins, Cotton Mouths, Copperheads, and some Rattlers. Fortunately they aren't nearly as venomous as the Aussie snakes! Just cut a small X over the bite and get your friend to suck out the poison...just don't get bit on the ass or yer goin' to die!

CHIMO!
Sapper...
Bein's I'm a down homer,ex CE warrant officer with lots of Northern postings in my time,I got the opportunity to sample all kinds of odd grub...
Squirrel,beaver tail and legs,muskrat legs,frog,bear,moose nose,seal flipper,cod toungs,cheeks and fish eyes(Pinky Parker and I made my son in law gag when we scrambled to get at the fish eyes at a Chinese diner we had down town a few years ago...) eel,all kinds of internal organ meat,calfs nuts..
As a matter of fact I have a couple of pounds of bear pepperoni in the freezer that I can't wait til spring to BBQ...
But I have never had a chance to gobble up some snake..
Can't see that it could be too bad,as long as it is me eating him and not the other way around.That would suck...
Oh yes,snails and all different kinds of seafood that don't look very good but tastes great..
Spent a year in Italy and learned how to catch song birds to eat....
Dig a depression in the ground about two sqare feet and fill with water...
take a small tree branch stripped of leaves and smear non hardening gastket goo on it and span the puddle with it....
Within a little while some birds will find the puddle and come for a drink ..they will land on the stick..they can't let go to fly off then you just harvest your crop...Works right in my driveway in summer also...
Works for all kinds of little birds if you want to cage 'em...song birds ...doves ...pigeons....
Gastket goo should be a part of every ones survival kit...