View Single Post
Old 23-09-22, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Miller View Post
Hi Kevin, the named list of the seven knocked out Kangaroos at Winterswijk came from a local Dutch historian who also had access to primary documents, accounts and photos (many of which have already been posted here).

I cannot confirm photos of the four names mentioned above. There are photos of a couple other hulls, but the names painted on them cannot be made out clearly.

This hull (T11), I believe, is either Terror or Tiger. According to a detailed infantry account, this kangaroo brewed up immediately and a number of the infantry passengers were burned badly, including one burned to death. Of the kangaroo crewmen in this column, 8 ORs were wounded and Sgt. KFA Webber was killed. In the photo, you can see another Kangaroo in the upper right corner, near a farm building. That is CT40694 Tarantula.

Bill.
Hi Bill thanks for replying. So do you think that I would be safe in taking the names as accurate., if so I will add them to my database name list and credited to you.

I have tried manipulating the photo but the name is too blurred to be sure it could TAUNT or TERROR but impossible to be sure.

Cheers

Kevin