View Single Post
Old 12-02-21, 04:09

The other thing I did this afternoon was I hooked up the 52-Set Power Cable to my 12 Volt DC Supply System and fired up my CPP-2. After 15 minutes, the CPP-2 was on its lowest setting and producing a steady 12.30 Volts DC output at the unit. The output still measured 12.30 Volts at the Supply Distribution terminals the 52-Set Power Cable was connected to, so that was all OK.

At the 52-Set Supply Unit end of the Power Cable, the input to the Supply Unit was reading 12.28 volts steady. I attribute that small drop to the shear size of the power cable.

When I turn the 52-Set on at this point, only the Receiver Vibrator Supply portion of the Supply Unit is active, running the receiver only. It hums to life OK and I waited another 15 minutes for the receiver to warm up. Audio output arrives in about 30 seconds or so. What is interesting, however, is the Meter Readings I am getting for internal voltages. HT reads 130 Volts and LT 10 Volts. The manual states the readings should be HT 150 Volts and LT 12.5 Volts.

If you recall, when I was running the two receivers with the ZE-11 Remote Supply, the meter readings for both receivers were showing identical, higher than stated values which we traced to the slightly higher output the ZE-11 was producing as a result of getting 120 Volt AC input rather than the 115 Volt AC it was originally designed to receive.

So my thoughts at the moment are the Main Set Supply Unit, Receiver Vibrator Supply section has some issues and will need a closer look. Fortunately, it is easily removed from the Supply Unit so can be bench checked rather easily down the road. While at that point running the set this afternoon, I turned on the Crystal Calibrator in the receiver. LT on the Meter dropped to 9.5 Volts. Stayed there after 15 minutes.

Then I turned on the Sender Heaters on the Supply Unit. This simply preheats the valves in the Sender, so it is ready to respond quickly when needed. LT Reading on the Meter dropped to 9.0 Volts for this and stayed there. Interesting. This will give me a good starting point on the project when the Main Set Receiver final detailing is completed.

David