View Single Post
Old 12-02-21, 03:58

Jordan and James. Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated.

Well…I tried.

I got the Mini Home Reno started the other day, and so far so good, but I could not keep my hands or mind off the 52-St Project. So, late this afternoon, I made some decisions and played with it a bit to plan my future actions with it.

First step will be to go back to the Main Set Receiver to finish off a few details. The luminous markings on all of the Knobs, Phenolic on it are still there, but either very tired, or worn thin. They all need to be reapplied and this can be easily done with the receiver still in place in the Carriers No. 4.

While looking at all these knobs, I realized the luminous markings on the Flick Selector, HANDLES, No. 80 was also in poor condition and the original Gloss Navy Grey paint was badly chipped and covered in aging varnish. It too will be brought up to snuff and this can also be done with the receiver where it is.

The last little bit of cosmetic work will be redoing the two KNOBS, Metal No. C1, the two knobs for pulling the receiver out of the Carriers No. 4. Their Gloss Navy Grey paint is also badly chipped and covered in aged varnish. The upper one can be removed by simply taking off the upper front panel of the receiver, but the lower one requires the receiver be out of the Carriers No. 4. I will probably approach this as a two separate blocks of work. Batch out all the Knobs, Phenolic first, then pull the receiver out of the Carriers No. 4 and do the other three items that require the same paint treatment work.

David

Last edited by David Dunlop; 14-02-21 at 04:58. Reason: Spewink...