View Single Post
Old 31-05-10, 14:50
Mark

Default Day 1 route

We left Yass and headed to Boorowa, Toy Dodge up front and Canadians in Max's ute and blitz. Arrived at Boorowa and waited for a while for the Canadians to arrive. Swiss Chris and I decided that if we gave them time for a leg stretch they might forget all they learned so far about crash box truck driveing. So when we sighted the blitz grinding through the gears we pulled out and kept them going to Cowra.

I thought that it might be nice to educated the Canadians on the Cowra breakout so we stopped at the vistors centre for a look at the historic movie on the Japanese breakout during WW2 from the POW camp. I soon learnt that 6 older Canadians and cats were related as we tried to entice them back to the trucks for another haul. Eventually lunch is just around the corner got the boys behind the wheel and 32km we got round the corner to Canowindra.

While most went to the bakery for lunch we lost 1 Australians and two Canadians now that was a total of four lost Canadians for the day. Eventual tail end Charlie Mark Gruber found them holed up in Pub drinking bear and not wanting to drive another leg in an old truck. As the apointed leader for this section child pyshcology was applied and told them we were leaving now and left, they soon were on the road trying to catch up.

Next stop was Molong were we visted a junk yard artist who turns old farm machinery into art work, in fact for the next 80 km of road every farm seemed to be displaying a bit beside the road. This were Max caught up along with the Four Canadians he did not stop as he had left his best working dog at home and rounding up Candians was hard work on your own.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010767.jpg  
Attached Images