View Single Post
Old 10-04-20, 17:43

Hi Chris,
Here are the pics of my 19 set with the complete control wiring for a Sherman tank. I was fortunate to pick up near mint Control boxes and the associated cables from an eBay seller in Nevada, the sets were perfect with the exception of the rubber which was, to be expected, very brittle. It's not the best photograph but gives a good impression of the cables required. I've also included two drawings which will be familiar to all, which indicate the cables as 12-point and 4-point. From these two diagrams you can picture the ridiculous number of cable clamps required but frankly this seems to be a bit overblown, I can't imagine that many being required given the relatively short distances the cables had to go. I have a number of Sherman tank interior shots which back up my hunch. These drawings are also helpful because they identify the need for single 12-point cable clamps similar to Clamps #11 and #14 on Page 160 of EMERS.
Looking forward to your comments and findings!
Regards, Patrick

PS. I recently picked up a mint U.S. Signal Corps Mk.II so will likely opt to incorporate this unit into my display, rather than the Mk.III pictured in my photograph. It would appear that these Mk.II sets were being installed in the 76mm Shermans used by the British, according to the YouTube video which started this thread, so I think I can feel comfortable using a US supplied set for my Canadian Sherman M4A4 project.
Attached Thumbnails
WS 19 in my collection.JPG   WS 19 in Sherman tank copy.JPG   WS 19 set M4 Sherman set up.jpg  

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 10-04-20 at 17:52. Reason: Correction from 6-point to 4-point